Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

The Best of the Decade

Level 08: If you want to converse about anything Marvel related like the Fantastic Four or the Avengers charter then try this level.
User avatar
Nu-D
Posts: 2673
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 00:22
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: The Best of the Decade

Post by Nu-D » 29 Nov 2019, 14:38

Blackcyclops wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 14:27
Wait...did Hawkeye start this decade? Or did Just omit it by accident?
Fraction’s Hawkeye was 2012-15.
He/him/his

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 19441
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: The Best of the Decade

Post by Blackcyclops » 29 Nov 2019, 14:41

Dang...that’s on my...crazy I thought it was earlier lol...well I’m amending my list

Edit:
Comic writer run of the decade: (the run had to start in the decade)...
This was actually difficult to place in order for me...

10. Bendis’s run on Miles Morales’s Spider-man books...completely defined this amazing character/King’s Vision...amazing storytelling...

9.Slott’s Silver Surfer...I think Dan Slott is one of the greatest comic book writers alive and very very very few writers know how to infuse so much heart in a book the way he does...

8. Ewing’s Ultimates...just wasn’t long enough

7. Nick Spencer’s Superior Foes of Spider-man...sooooooo good lol

6. Remender on UXF...the best x-run of the decade

5. Fraction’s Hawkeye...normcore excellence!

4. Duggan’s Deadpool run...probably the most under appreciated of all the runs listed...I recommend everyone read it, like really I do.

3. Hickman’s Avengers run...tied with Starlin as the most epic run in the history of modern Marvel comics, only behind Kirby’s stuff

2. Dan Slott’s Spider-man run...so definitive and really changed the way I experience the character and his universe. “My” Spider-man talks in Slott’s Spider-man’s voice now...

1. Jason Aaron on Thor...Slott’s Spider-man had bigger moments for me but this run was just sooooo emotionally satisfying and actually pulled at my heart strings
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

User avatar
Spectral Knight
Posts: 1283
Joined: 14 Apr 2007, 21:00

Re: The Best of the Decade

Post by Spectral Knight » 03 Dec 2019, 16:34

Wow, no mention of David's X-Factor V.3 yet... surprising.

User avatar
RingOtaku
Posts: 1577
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 17:12
Location: The Library Of Stories Never Written

Re: The Best of the Decade

Post by RingOtaku » 03 Dec 2019, 16:41

Ewings Ultimates. Imortal Hulk. Slotts Spider-Man, with honorary mention to PADs run on Spidey 2099 and Scarlett Spider.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 19441
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: The Best of the Decade

Post by Blackcyclops » 03 Dec 2019, 17:01

I think you could argue that Fraction’s Hawkeye was the big game changer of the decade and Slott’s Spidey run was decade defining.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

User avatar
Nu-D
Posts: 2673
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 00:22
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: The Best of the Decade

Post by Nu-D » 03 Dec 2019, 18:42

Spectral Knight wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 16:34
Wow, no mention of David's X-Factor V.3 yet... surprising.
Began in 2005, in the wake of Decimation. Excluded under the rules of the thread.
He/him/his

User avatar
RingOtaku
Posts: 1577
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 17:12
Location: The Library Of Stories Never Written

Re: The Best of the Decade

Post by RingOtaku » 03 Dec 2019, 19:06

Blackcyclops wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 17:01
I think you could argue that Fraction’s Hawkeye was the big game changer of the decade and Slott’s Spidey run was decade defining.
Ah man how could I forget that one? Fractions Hawkeye was so much fun.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 19441
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: The Best of the Decade

Post by Blackcyclops » 03 Dec 2019, 19:16

RingOtaku wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 19:06
Blackcyclops wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 17:01
I think you could argue that Fraction’s Hawkeye was the big game changer of the decade and Slott’s Spidey run was decade defining.
Ah man how could I forget that one? Fractions Hawkeye was so much fun.

I originally did...that’s why I had to edit my list.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

User avatar
Spectral Knight
Posts: 1283
Joined: 14 Apr 2007, 21:00

Re: The Best of the Decade

Post by Spectral Knight » 03 Dec 2019, 21:41

Nu-D wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 18:42
Spectral Knight wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 16:34
Wow, no mention of David's X-Factor V.3 yet... surprising.
Began in 2005, in the wake of Decimation. Excluded under the rules of the thread.
Really? I thought it was best of the decade, not best books that started in this decade. Didn't see that rule myself...

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 19441
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: The Best of the Decade

Post by Blackcyclops » 03 Dec 2019, 22:50

Spectral Knight wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 21:41
Nu-D wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 18:42
Spectral Knight wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 16:34
Wow, no mention of David's X-Factor V.3 yet... surprising.
Began in 2005, in the wake of Decimation. Excluded under the rules of the thread.
Really? I thought it was best of the decade, not best books that started in this decade. Didn't see that rule myself...
They weren’t explicit rules for everyone...I explicitly put it in my post that I was personally only counting things that started and happened this decade. Username didn’t take that route, so you had the right to do the same...I just was trying to focus on this decade’s creations as such.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

User avatar
Juggernaut
Posts: 255
Joined: 14 Jun 2014, 02:58

Re: The Best of the Decade

Post by Juggernaut » 03 Dec 2019, 23:37

I will always have a special spot in my heart for uncanny xforce getting me back into comics. It’s my favorite title by far. I also love the first part of remembers avengers run before it got butchered by the red skull mess. Top character for me for the decade would have to be Deadpool. Haven’t read his solo series but his run in uxf and Avengers was a really nice character piece to me. Also a shout out to agent venom. Not sure is flash became venom this decade but I really enjoyed his character and new take in the venom symbiote. Also loved hickmans avengers run. What an epic tale!

User avatar
Nu-D
Posts: 2673
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 00:22
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: The Best of the Decade

Post by Nu-D » 04 Dec 2019, 00:47

Spectral Knight wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 21:41
Nu-D wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 18:42
Spectral Knight wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 16:34
Wow, no mention of David's X-Factor V.3 yet... surprising.
Began in 2005, in the wake of Decimation. Excluded under the rules of the thread.
Really? I thought it was best of the decade, not best books that started in this decade. Didn't see that rule myself...
Well, regardless, IMO the best part of that run was the first half. It meandered a bit aimlessly after a while.

I’d put it in the best of the 2000’s, for sure.
He/him/his

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 19441
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: The Best of the Decade

Post by Blackcyclops » 04 Dec 2019, 01:19

Juggernaut wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 23:37
I will always have a special spot in my heart for uncanny xforce getting me back into comics. It’s my favorite title by far. I also love the first part of remembers avengers run before it got butchered by the red skull mess. Top character for me for the decade would have to be Deadpool. Haven’t read his solo series but his run in uxf and Avengers was a really nice character piece to me. Also a shout out to agent venom. Not sure is flash became venom this decade but I really enjoyed his character and new take in the venom symbiote. Also loved hickmans avengers run. What an epic tale!
You need to read Duggan’s DP...
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 5426
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: The Best of the Decade

Post by tokenBG1009 » 04 Dec 2019, 01:36

Sunspot would easily win "Comeback Character of the Decade" to me.

It's not even close.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 19441
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: The Best of the Decade

Post by Blackcyclops » 04 Dec 2019, 02:03

Yeah I put’em at 3rd cause I just think what Slott and company did for Otto Octavius is f***ing next level...
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Post Reply