Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Marvel vs DC Draft

Level 08: If you want to converse about anything Marvel related like the Fantastic Four or the Avengers charter then try this level.
UrbanExplorer

Re: Marvel vs DC Draft

Post by UrbanExplorer » 10 Sep 2019, 21:50

Spectral Knight wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 21:17
UrbanExplorer wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 19:53
Draft was very sexy. I lost Storm and I wanted Avril to be Quasar but the I had to replace her too.

Loved the freedom of using multiverse versions of established characters, and I wouldn’t mind to be able to do this from time to time in drafts. It’s giving an extra kick in variety.

My problem, again, was coming up with a diverse cast. DC females, especially A listers, are mostly uninteresting for me, and not really a lot of black or Asian people.
Lots of people of colour and female characters on the Marvel side (personally speaking, Blade and Elektra were on my fallback list, and I could've worked with C&D at a push) but have to agree on DC. Admittedly I don't really know enough about DC characters but it didn't feel a particularly diverse list.
My problem with Marvel women is that a lot (not all!) are street level fighters, related to animal powers. Doesn’t mean I don’t like them, I love Julia Carpenter for example, but I would have needed a few warps for my favorite women. And others, like Susan Richards, or Tigra, I like them but I couldn’t imagine them on a team of mine. It’s nice to see them, but I don’t have use for them.

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 10 Sep 2019, 21:59

Years ago, I only knew the A list DC characters and some others from here and there.

I started with this Crisis on infinite Earths trade (must read) and then I bought the JLA (Morrison) and JSA (Robinson, Geoff Johns) trades and learned more about the teams, members and backgrounds, enemies. Both teams have a heavy rotation in members so I learned a lot. In addition I also bought Green Lantern trades. Stuff I didn’t know, I looked up in the internet.

But most of the things that interest me, I use the internet.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 10 Sep 2019, 22:27

My entire (hero) roster is animal based. Wasp and Nightcrawler are named after insects. Black Condor and Hawkgirl are birds. Wolverine and Black Panther are mammals. Beast Boy and Vixen have multiple animal traits. I figured a bunch of animal themed heroes would be fun to put together in some sort of biome controlled by Ivy and used by Kraven to hunt.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 11 Sep 2019, 01:12

I originally planned on a Teen Titans vs New Mutants with them teaming up to fight Deathstroke and Loki. Then I picked X-23 for...reasons? I dunno, but I've always been a huge fan of Laura so I grabbed her up. Then I lost out on Loki and decided to have Adrienne Frost as my 2nd villain which caused me to bring in a Gen X kid.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 11 Sep 2019, 03:15

EphemeristX wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 22:27
My entire (hero) roster is animal based. Wasp and Nightcrawler are named after insects. Black Condor and Hawkgirl are birds. Wolverine and Black Panther are mammals. Beast Boy and Vixen have multiple animal traits. I figured a bunch of animal themed heroes would be fun to put together in some sort of biome controlled by Ivy and used by Kraven to hunt.
Funny you didn't pick Spider-Man for this theme, given Kraven being one of his primary foes.

Also, just noticed none of the Spider- characters got chosen at all! Wow, would not have imagined that at the start.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 11 Sep 2019, 04:14

There's a ton of A-List talent on the board. Superman didn't even get nabbed up until like...round 6?
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya