Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Level 08: If you want to converse about anything Marvel related like the Fantastic Four or the Avengers charter then try this level.
das_boot

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by das_boot » 10 Oct 2018, 21:14

EphemeristX wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 20:16
In DAI, I mained a Spellblade. They were a broken class that could solo dragons.
I would have done, but I fucking hated that bitch Vivienne. ❤️ Dorian
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 10 Oct 2018, 21:32

Vivienne and Dorian are the best.

Wings

Post by Wings » 10 Oct 2018, 21:57

I made friends with Vivienne. Then I made Leliana Divine :lol:

You don't have to be friends with Viv to be a Knight-Enchanter. But it was funny to me how the two companions with the biggest hidden agendas (Viv and *ugh* Solas) were the ones who commented favourably on that choice.

...Anyways, I love Siora. Great melding of two characters. Especially since in the regular continuity there was an enmity between the two because of their attraction to Thor.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 10 Oct 2018, 22:16

SOLAS BROKE MY TRUST AND NOW I DONT TRUST CHARACTERS IN VIDEO GAMES
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 10 Oct 2018, 22:21

das_boot wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 22:16
Please, don’t cry. You would embarrass me.

By the way, happy tenth anniversary to our friendship :mrgreen:

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 10 Oct 2018, 22:30

I didn't trust Vivienne as far as I could throw her, but she seemed easy enough to manipulate. Necromancers sucked. Every time we fought someone, I had to sit in battle mode until Dorian's pet spirit vanished. Ugh.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Wings

Post by Wings » 10 Oct 2018, 22:47

das_boot wrote:
The lesson of Dragon Age. Don't trust the apostate mage. (Except for Morrigan, the poor poor girl)
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Oct 2018, 23:03

So here's my meta-pitch:
X-Power (X-Men warped with the Inhumans broadly) is a team of NuMutants and In-Humans fighting for a peaceful co-existence between humans and NuMutants on Earth. It's composed of Black Summer, Nubia,Wonder Beast, Disco!, Rockstar, and <insert future character>. They do sometimes find themselves allied with Dune...as he defends his kingdom and is a friend of the family that Black Summer came from. One of their arch-nemesis is Antpocalypse and Magnadok

Not all NuMutant heroes have joined X-Power’s agenda, some like Private Eyes have their own code they follow to carry on the good fight.

You have your "street" level heroes like Knightcrawler, Dareverine, Man-Spider, Iron Widow, who team-up quite a bit. They have a monthly karaoke night that keeps them close. Of course they spend much more of their time battling the machinations of Moongem, And one of their biggest threats is King Fang Foom.

Solo Earth based heroes like Shanna the She-Hulk , Elemental Man, Black Dwarf, and Mr. Punishment sometimes team up with the other street level heroes too...or can have those good ol' fashion hero vs hero misunderstanding fights. Some villains try to use Dum Dum Dragon Man but heroes (like Shanan the She-Hulk) have taken a liken to him.

While in the cosmos people like Mooncat, Sugah Rocket, Deathchamber, Purple Puma, Super Venom, Karolandra, battle against Cloakworld , the Dreaded Summer and Galactnurse...of course the biggest evil is the Devourer of Souls.

Speaking of her, American Fire's adventures usually take her throughout the dimensional web but she sometimes finds herself working alongside and against these cosmic heroes.

Meanwhile in the world of the arcane, you have a council of magic-users...The Umbra Society (Midnight Souls Warped with the Defenders), a group of "good" magic users who exist on the fringes of the superhero community. They keep back the dark by operating in the world of the ethereal of supernatural. Wanda Grey was once a member but now she's hated by half the Society and loved by the other. One of their primary nemesis is He Who Sleeps in Shadow but they also usually find themselves opposite Deathchamber. It's members include The Iron Butterfly, The Angel of Vengeance, The Windrider (when she isn't in space or teaming up with the Protectors), Docjaw (my personal favorite!), Angela Cain, and The Nail.

Grimmoire , Voodoo Doll and Billy LeBeau have begun hanging together, kinda like a team of Runaways Champion-ing for the the next generation...and only time will tell where Hellchild will fall.

Terminus, Forge of Mischief, and Doctor Hulk are some of tthe premiere supervillains and opposed by the premier superhero team, The Protectors. This team is led by Magnetic Woman and Nova Prime and composed of White Knight, Sabretooth Tigra, Hypeguy, Black dagger,

And then you have wildcards like the Ant-Man-Thing, Broadcaster and the Hunter who can be a friend or foe to many of the factions.

I apologize if I mis-represented any of your creations...feel free to change my pitch...as I imagined this as the general "bible" for our world.
Last edited by Blackcyclops on 11 Oct 2018, 11:04, edited 6 times in total.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 10 Oct 2018, 23:34

Wings wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 22:47
das_boot wrote:
The lesson of Dragon Age. Don't trust the apostate mage. (Except for Morrigan, the poor poor girl)
I loved Dragon Age: Origins so much, but the two sequels just felt like generic action games. I romanced Leliana in Origins though and in my mind she and my Grey Warden character are still blissfully in love.

Also if you loved DA:O I highly recommend Pathfinder: Kingmaker. They have a "spellblade-like" class called The Magus, with a couple of subclasses to pick from, as well as an Eldritch Knight prestige class.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 10 Oct 2018, 23:52

I like the way this is shaping up. We also have Karolandra to add to the space group and your own Black Dwarf and Black Dagger to add to the Protectors, though I could see them both being solo too. Moongem could be street level, solo, or Protector villain. Private Eyes would be a fringe member of the InMutants but most likely a solo hero. Hellchild can be added to the arcane group too.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Oct 2018, 02:07

I do apologize if I missed anybody's character...I was trying my best to scan the pages and not miss anybody...And then even then I kept re-writing that post LOL

My X-Men Draft Picks:

ev82

Post by ev82 » 11 Oct 2018, 02:48

Sergeant Marvel

Carol "Clucky" Barnes was raided on a farm in midwest where she was known for spending a lot of time with the chickens. When she grew older she joined the war effort as a Nurse. She immediately became enamored with a Captain in the Army and snuck away from base to rescue him from the Kreedra (an army of humans who worshiped the ancient alien race known as the Kree). Her rescue attempt was a failure and Carol seemed to perish in in a vat of a mysterious Kree Chemical. She was later found by the Kreedra Scientist assigned to the base, brainwashed and put in stasis to be their secret wepon in the future, as the war was about to be lost. She awoke years later, was eventyally cured of her brainwashing and joined Earths Mightiest Heros, fighting by the side of her beloved Captain.

Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
Winter Soldier
X-Men Editorial Draft
X-Men: Magik|Cannonball|Psylocke|Thunderbird II|Gentile|Petra
All New X-Factor: Havok|Frenzy|Forge|Sunfire|Bloodstorm(Mutant X)|Wild Child|Cipher

MrFOOM

Post by MrFOOM » 11 Oct 2018, 03:38

This is shaping up to be quite the Universe.
@Blackcyclops, I would Dareverine on the street, and Wonder Beast on X-Power.
Fantasy Draft: Doctor Strange, Hulk, Namor, Venom, Mr. Immortal (off), Professor X, Old Man Logan, Honey Badger, Mary Jane Watson, Thanos, Cosmic Ghost Rider (on).

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 11 Oct 2018, 04:59

Anna Raven wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 23:34
Wings wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 22:47
das_boot wrote:
I loved Dragon Age: Origins so much, but the two sequels just felt like generic action games. I romanced Leliana in Origins though and in my mind she and my Grey Warden character are still blissfully in love.

Also if you loved DA:O I highly recommend Pathfinder: Kingmaker. They have a "spellblade-like" class called The Magus, with a couple of subclasses to pick from, as well as an Eldritch Knight prestige class.
I'm currently playing Dragon Age Inquisition right now. This thread is spoiling me hard :o

My fault fot being like 3 years behind everyone else

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 11 Oct 2018, 05:53

If you're playing DAI, make sure to play Trespasser. The other two DLCs are neat but unnecessary, but you HAVE to play Trespasser.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Oct 2018, 07:31

MrFOOM wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 03:38
Say no more...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 11 Oct 2018, 07:53

Blackcyclops wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 07:31
MrFOOM wrote:
Say no more...

Also, Deathchamber is a villain 🤷‍♂️

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Oct 2018, 10:42

Oh okay...sorry das

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 11 Oct 2018, 11:53

das_boot wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 07:53
Blackcyclops wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 07:31
MrFOOM wrote:
Say no more...
Also, Deathchamber is a villain 🤷‍♂️
But he could still fight against the big cosmic threats like BC said...

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 11 Oct 2018, 11:56

I'm actually excited for the next round. I've got three warp concepts that I'd be happy to draft, all with different characters, so if you cheeky buggers do steal one before my next pick, I've actually got decent backups in mind for the first time since round one.
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

bamf

Post by bamf » 11 Oct 2018, 12:56

Phil "Cheese" Masters was born in Transia and emigrated to America at the age of eight. Having few to no friends he became obsessed with super heroes and turned to his action figures for friendship.

As he grew up Phil entered the US Army and became a ranger and eventually moved on to become a SHIELD agent, but because of an accident in the field was relegated to desk duty. Furious about not being able to be in the field with his heroes he starts to revert back to playing with his action figures and even making some himself.

Unbeknownst to him he comes upon some radioactive modeling clay and creates a figure of his favorite super hero Nova Prime and discovers he is able to manipulate his every move. Using this knowledge and power to enact his own flights of super-heroic fancy he starts pushing his subjects to do more and more extreme things that end in his personal gain. From his quiet corner on the Helicarrier everyone knows that he's Phil Masters, but no one knows that he is the Action Master.

Phil Coulson + Puppet Master = Action Master

MFL: Captain America, Iron Man, Storm, Daredevil, Nightcrawler, Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Iron Fist

X-Editorial: Angel, Sunspot, Monet, Karma, Colossus, Lila Cheney, Aurora, Captain Marvel, Magma, Box, Triage, Hindsight, Sydren

Magik84

Post by Magik84 » 11 Oct 2018, 13:38

Action Master - Cool, I kind of have a similar concept in mind for other characters.... if they make it to my round.

Nice world building Blackcyclops
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl

Cable

Post by Cable » 11 Oct 2018, 14:00

Yeah that was pretty impressive to tie it all together, BC
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

MrFOOM

Post by MrFOOM » 11 Oct 2018, 14:53

I want a comic with Action Master immediately
Fantasy Draft: Doctor Strange, Hulk, Namor, Venom, Mr. Immortal (off), Professor X, Old Man Logan, Honey Badger, Mary Jane Watson, Thanos, Cosmic Ghost Rider (on).

bamf

Post by bamf » 11 Oct 2018, 19:36

MrFOOM wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 14:53
I want a comic with Action Master immediately
Hahaha he'd probably be the one pulling the strings behind tripping up Iron Widow or Knightcrawler behind the scenes.
MFL: Captain America, Iron Man, Storm, Daredevil, Nightcrawler, Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Iron Fist

X-Editorial: Angel, Sunspot, Monet, Karma, Colossus, Lila Cheney, Aurora, Captain Marvel, Magma, Box, Triage, Hindsight, Sydren