Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

The X-Men's history has been manipulated since day one

Level 10: In this section, people will argue about all x-related topics, such as certain character ages, continuity or the nature of the Phoenix. Newbies beware!
X-Continuity

The X-Men's history has been manipulated since day one

Post by X-Continuity » 19 Oct 2021, 10:32

I think that the Moira X revelation is just one of the best and most genius twists in comic book history. Ever.
So basically, back to their first encounter, Moira revealed the entire truth to Xavier, and together they have been manipulating the X-Men since day one. Quite frankly, I guess that Xavier absorbed much more informations than what he claimed to have gained (from Moira), and the entire X-Men's history has been channeled and partially "staged" in a profound way.

I just think that some X-Men, especially Wolverine, should have left Xavier, the team and Krakoa, because they might/should feel definitely BETRAYED by him and Moira, and basically used as "puppets". What do you think about it? Many X-Men endured terrible tragedies, but Xavier did not reveal the truth to them at the right time.

This is not gonna end in a good way.

Now that I think about it, the scenario in the Beginnings Timeline (Days of Future Past, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix) has a weird similarity with Hickman's huge retcon about Moira X. Indeed, Xavier absorbed the memories of the original timeline (Timeline Prime) from 2023 Wolverine's mind. This means that Xavier telepathically recorded names, powers, lives, events and secrets unveiled in a span of 50 years (1973-2023).
I guess that we can safely assume that the history of the X-Men in the Beginnings Timeline is not entirely "genuine", but partially staged. That's my thought.

norwichchris

Re: The X-Men's history has been manipulated since day one

Post by norwichchris » 19 Oct 2021, 16:25

Think you overestimate the power that Xavier has, he had little control of what happened to his Students before meeting Moira or even afterwards, he may have been able to seek some out beforehand.

Wolverine is an issue in the Comics though Xavier had no hope of ever finding him or helping him until he was recruited into the X-Men and then Xavier wiped his mind anyway.

Movie was entirely justified to avoid the darkfate that awaited them and he also oddly enough made it worse for Mutants as they got exterminated by Corn-Syrup.......

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 12 Nov 2021, 13:06

This topic shows again how much they could now do with a Moira/Charles/Eric series with revisiting all that has happened in the background since #1 1963. Shame it didn't work out and is probably now totally off the table with Hickman leaving
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 12 Nov 2021, 23:48

They might do one you never know if they realise there is a demand but I fear they will somehow retcon it all in some way.