Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Who would you resurrect?

Level 10: In this section, people will argue about all x-related topics, such as certain character ages, continuity or the nature of the Phoenix. Newbies beware!
norwichchris

Re: Who would you resurrect?

Post by norwichchris » 13 Sep 2021, 20:55

The Four Horsemen of Krakoa! an elite team based on the Philosophy of Apocalypse!

Think the last mutant anyone would ever resurrect would be Genocide...

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 15 Sep 2021, 14:42

norwichchris wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 20:55
The Four Horsemen of Krakoa! an elite team based on the Philosophy of Apocalypse!

Think the last mutant anyone would ever resurrect would be Genocide...
Not gonna lie, a shadow X-Men who are conquerors in Apocalypse's name would be a decent story to me. It'd give Cortez something to do other than being a whiny baby.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 15 Sep 2021, 19:04

I don't think Apoc would touch Cortez with a ten foot pole. He's a whiny sycophant.
"You can leave your valuables here
with me," he smiled.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 16 Sep 2021, 13:35

Are non-clone time travelers eligible for resurrection? I'm thinking like Shard, Malcolm, Randall, Fitzroy, Genesis, Blaquesmith. They all spent at least a little time in the present. Malcolm and Randall probably weren't here long enough to have DNA samples taken and Shard was never here as a physical being (so no DNA), but they could hand-wave it into Bishop having the information stored somewhere. It would be interesting (to me at least) to see the X-Men who knew Fitzroy in the present trying to reconcile their memories of him with a version who has a soul. I assume that any resurrection now would bring back the pre-Layla version with a soul? He'd have his current memories, but he'd feel regret for his actions based on what we saw of him in the future.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 16 Sep 2021, 18:21

I dunno. I feel like there’d be exceptions to the rule (for instance, Bishop is as much a part of the present now as he is the future; and for Layla to be an adult we have to take her time-travel into account), but I guess people who turned up from the future and died like… if they weren’t here long enough for Xavier to create a back up, then probably not? Also while it doesn’t create a paradox per se, it could easily become one— say Malcolm realises Fitzroy kills him and can track down his genetic lineage to stop him from existing and therefore killing however many people in the timeline he’s from, he then also stops his reason for coming to the present and dying and being resurrected and….

Yeah, let’s just park that as a “nope nope nope” 😂
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » Yesterday, 16:54

Could imagine Fitzroy somehow being resurrected but don't think Bishop would ever want that ever. Layla have not seen on Krakoa at all if she was resurrected would she come back as a 12 year old child though?

Really just desperately want Shaw to resurrect Emma's sisters to spite her and start a plot to remove her from the Hellfire Trading company.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » Yesterday, 17:10

norwichchris wrote:
Yesterday, 16:54
Could imagine Fitzroy somehow being resurrected but don't think Bishop would ever want that ever. Layla have not seen on Krakoa at all if she was resurrected would she come back as a 12 year old child though?

Really just desperately want Shaw to resurrect Emma's sisters to spite her and start a plot to remove her from the Hellfire Trading company.
I would assume Layla would always be resurrected as an adult, since the Five can bring someone back at whatever age they choose, and she is married with a kid. It'd prevent some awkward discussions. But that brings up another interesting thought: since Centennial's powers manifested so late in life, would he come back in his prime with no powers, or old with his powers?

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » Yesterday, 19:19

Spoiler about Layla:
Spoiler: show
She's back as an adult with her child - still married to Madrox. This was in X-Corp that we saw her.
Defenders Draft: Hulk | Scarlet Witch |Colossus | Valkyrie | She-Hulk | Iron Fist |
The Villain: Xemnu