Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

The Dawn of X Direction...

Level 10: In this section, people will argue about all x-related topics, such as certain character ages, continuity or the nature of the Phoenix. Newbies beware!
User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 5905
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: The Dawn of X Direction...

Post by tokenBG1009 » 18 Mar 2020, 07:07

Marauders
Excalibur
New Mutants
Wolverine

They're the only books I'm reading at this moment and that's how I'd rate them. Wolverine FEELS like a Wolverine title. The other 3 feel like normal X-Men books while also touching on things important to Krakoa so they straddle the line decently. X-Force, technically, feels like recent X-Force stuff, but the only X-Force book I've enjoyed in the last 20 years was Cable and X-Force. X-Men is what it is.

Basically, throw me in the group with Milkshakes and Booty. Preferably, at least six feet apart though.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 20221
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: The Dawn of X Direction...

Post by Blackcyclops » 18 Mar 2020, 13:14

But admit it, you like Marauders ALOT though lol
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

User avatar
das_boot
Posts: 3372
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 15:24

Re: The Dawn of X Direction...

Post by das_boot » 18 Mar 2020, 16:15

tokenBG1009 wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 07:07
Marauders
Excalibur
New Mutants
Wolverine

They're the only books I'm reading at this moment and that's how I'd rate them. Wolverine FEELS like a Wolverine title. The other 3 feel like normal X-Men books while also touching on things important to Krakoa so they straddle the line decently. X-Force, technically, feels like recent X-Force stuff, but the only X-Force book I've enjoyed in the last 20 years was Cable and X-Force. X-Men is what it is.

Basically, throw me in the group with Milkshakes and Booty. Preferably, at least six feet apart though.
Six feet apart like hell. I’MMA LICK YOUR FACE
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Check out the “Writing Challenges” thread in the Uncanon Mess Hall!

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 5905
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: The Dawn of X Direction...

Post by tokenBG1009 » 18 Mar 2020, 19:21

Blackcyclops wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 13:14
But admit it, you like Marauders ALOT though lol
Bruh, Marauders is probably my favorite book in the last 20 years after DeFillipis & Weir's New Mutants.
das_boot wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 16:15
tokenBG1009 wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 07:07
Marauders
Excalibur
New Mutants
Wolverine

They're the only books I'm reading at this moment and that's how I'd rate them. Wolverine FEELS like a Wolverine title. The other 3 feel like normal X-Men books while also touching on things important to Krakoa so they straddle the line decently. X-Force, technically, feels like recent X-Force stuff, but the only X-Force book I've enjoyed in the last 20 years was Cable and X-Force. X-Men is what it is.

Basically, throw me in the group with Milkshakes and Booty. Preferably, at least six feet apart though.
Six feet apart like hell. I’MMA LICK YOUR FACE
I'm not even gay, but I'm down.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
das_boot
Posts: 3372
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 15:24

Re: The Dawn of X Direction...

Post by das_boot » 18 Mar 2020, 19:54

It’s cool, das_bootsexual is a legitimate sexuality, and everyone secretly is it. It’s actually more of a spirituality, but that can’t be determined by science, so it’s classed as a sexuality 🤷‍♂️ Whatcha gonna do?
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Check out the “Writing Challenges” thread in the Uncanon Mess Hall!

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 5905
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: The Dawn of X Direction...

Post by tokenBG1009 » 19 Mar 2020, 01:09

das_boot wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 19:54
It’s cool, das_bootsexual is a legitimate sexuality, and everyone secretly is it. It’s actually more of a spirituality, but that can’t be determined by science, so it’s classed as a sexuality 🤷‍♂️ Whatcha gonna do?
You?
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
das_boot
Posts: 3372
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 15:24

Re: The Dawn of X Direction...

Post by das_boot » 19 Mar 2020, 02:33

Hot diggity
ASPIRING WRITERS!

Check out the “Writing Challenges” thread in the Uncanon Mess Hall!

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 5905
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: The Dawn of X Direction...

Post by tokenBG1009 » 19 Mar 2020, 04:57

So, I saw the panel from this week's X-Force and I'm 100% in the camp of "this isn't going to last"

And it won't be because Marvel wipes it away like they seem to want to do with Morrison. I think Hickman has a plan and he's being very intentional with his portrayal of the X-Men. I know people LOVE what he's doing with the X-Men, but it feels like WAY too drastic a departure from the normal behavior of many characters.

Obviously, this could be wishful thinking and I could 100% be wrong.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
norwichchris
Posts: 247
Joined: 22 Dec 2019, 18:40

Re: The Dawn of X Direction...

Post by norwichchris » 22 Mar 2020, 20:48

Unsure think they will stick to it for a long while so they can tell new stories and possibly link this in with the introduction of the X-men into the MCU. Maybe they plan on making the Mutants like the inhumans in the movies as living on a island after nearly being wiped out by humanity. I don't desperately want this but it does sort of make sense as to why there is such as drastic departure and I don't think they know what to do with them to be honest.

It's going to end with probably a massive human-mutant war with the other marvel heroes forced to take sides like Civil war or AVX. Hopefully they will remember that polar bears do not live in the arctic this time round.

Also strongly suspect most of the characters are being mind-controlled

User avatar
Lavettye
Posts: 785
Joined: 22 Feb 2016, 18:33
Location: Germany

Re: The Dawn of X Direction...

Post by Lavettye » 22 Mar 2020, 21:33

It's amazing how many times one individual can make the same repetitive post over and over again…
tokenBG1009 wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 04:57
So, I saw the panel from this week's X-Force and I'm 100% in the camp of "this isn't going to last"
No change of status quo is going to last in the long run. There's always eventually going to be a new status quo that surpasses it. :D

Hickman is a writer who puts the toys back in the sandbox where he found them. He definitely has a plan how to end this rather unique age of X-Men lore. When it ends, it will be the X-Men themselves who'll "wake up" and end it. If there is some mind-control or rather some low-level mental nudging/unfluecning, they'll see past that and then they'll realize that - while possibly with good intentions - they have become too much like the things they are trying to fight all along. You can already draw some parallel to any segregationist Group o fpeople on the one side, and also Krakoa and ist inhabitants as whole isn't that far from a hive structure like the Phalanx or the Techarch. It's just bio-organic instead of techno-organic.

The X-Men stopping and turning their back on the current direction is the only way that can gain hope to gain back their moral high ground. If some outside force were to end Krakoa, then the X-Men would just be a defeated people who lost their way.
[PL_2.0]

User avatar
norwichchris
Posts: 247
Joined: 22 Dec 2019, 18:40

Re: The Dawn of X Direction...

Post by norwichchris » 24 Mar 2020, 20:29

I mostly agree a shocker!! :D :D :D

I may last a long while to be honest, depends they make think they can tell an awful lot more stories about setting up a nation such as dealing with both external and internal enemies, building a society and how to deal with the outside world that pretty much wants to kill them no matter what they do.

I really do hope we see the Phalanx and Technarch appear at the end of the run and they cause Krakoa destruction as don't think they can assimilate mutants could be wrong? another interesting point.

Post Reply