Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Draft planning thread

Level 10: In this section, people will argue about all x-related topics, such as certain character ages, continuity or the nature of the Phoenix. Newbies beware!
User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 18280
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Draft planning thread

Post by Blackcyclops » 09 Mar 2019, 16:32

I’m okay with it...

Cable isn’t though...as he hates people being in multiple books lol
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

User avatar
EphemeristX
Posts: 4550
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 16:50
Contact:

Re: Draft planning thread

Post by EphemeristX » 11 Mar 2019, 15:31

das_boot wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 16:14
(I’m being sarcastic on that last point, mostly)
Mostly.

I'd be down. It'd be a cool twist.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

User avatar
UrbanExplorer
Posts: 101
Joined: 07 Mar 2019, 23:06

Re: Draft planning thread

Post by UrbanExplorer » 27 Apr 2019, 17:22

Now that the Thunderbolts Draft is going to end soon, is the next draft already in the pipeline? Would like to participate.

User avatar
RingOtaku
Posts: 1444
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 17:12
Location: The Library Of Stories Never Written

Re: Draft planning thread

Post by RingOtaku » 27 Apr 2019, 17:33

I'll post a sign-up thread in the next couple of days. Just need to survive this work week so my brain thinks good again.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

User avatar
UrbanExplorer
Posts: 101
Joined: 07 Mar 2019, 23:06

Re: Draft planning thread

Post by UrbanExplorer » 27 Apr 2019, 17:40

Ah your Initiative Draft? Can’t wait for THAT character list :lol: :mrgreen:

User avatar
RingOtaku
Posts: 1444
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 17:12
Location: The Library Of Stories Never Written

Re: Draft planning thread

Post by RingOtaku » 28 Apr 2019, 02:28

Yeah. I need to set up the special rounds and the rules for those.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

User avatar
Magik84
Posts: 587
Joined: 17 May 2008, 16:54
Contact:

Re: Draft planning thread

Post by Magik84 » 02 May 2019, 14:13

I've been thinking of a X-Men Generations Draft where the team has to be made up of a character introduced in different decade. Thought it could be interesting way of separating out the characters. It would be shorter than some others with 6 decades and a free agent round.

So just to keep track these are the potential upcoming drafts I think I've gotten everyone:
  • RingOtaku- Avengers International Draft (Next)
    WorldWideWade- Marvel vs DC Draft
    Ev82- X-Men : Heroes and Villains Draft
    das_boot- Young Heroes Draft (Marvel +DC)
    Gibbering Fool – Reverse Draft
    Blackcyclops – Avengers A-Editorial Draft
    Jazzkantine – Weirdworld/Elseworld Draft
    Cable - X-Men Editorial Draft 2.0
    Magik84 - X-Men Generations Draft
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl

User avatar
UrbanExplorer
Posts: 101
Joined: 07 Mar 2019, 23:06

Re: Draft planning thread

Post by UrbanExplorer » 02 May 2019, 14:25

What’s a reverse draft? Never heard of that. :D

I would also love to see a Brotherhood of S.H.I.E.L.D. Draft, with scientists, inventors, ... from the human history.

Was there an Alpha Flight Draft already?

User avatar
Spectral Knight
Posts: 1061
Joined: 14 Apr 2007, 21:00

Re: Draft planning thread

Post by Spectral Knight » 02 May 2019, 14:42

Didn't Jazzkantine say they were leaving the forum? Not seen them around since March.
X-Editorial:viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8412&p=177877#p177877
Thunderbolts: Zemo, Crossbones, Sin, Viper, Swordsman, Diamondback, Crimson Cowl, Jack O'Lantern

User avatar
Magik84
Posts: 587
Joined: 17 May 2008, 16:54
Contact:

Re: Draft planning thread

Post by Magik84 » 02 May 2019, 14:55

UrbanExplorer wrote:
02 May 2019, 14:25
What’s a reverse draft? Never heard of that. :D

I would also love to see a Brotherhood of S.H.I.E.L.D. Draft, with scientists, inventors, ... from the human history.

Was there an Alpha Flight Draft already?
Reverse draft where you kill off characters, Gibbering said was basing it off old Betrayal games that were on forum.

I don't think there's been an Alpha Flight one yet.

I didn't know Jazz had decided to leave forum, I was just working with what people said in this thread.
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl

User avatar
UrbanExplorer
Posts: 101
Joined: 07 Mar 2019, 23:06

Re: Draft planning thread

Post by UrbanExplorer » 02 May 2019, 15:07

Thanks Magik,

I really like those drafts you folks did already, I think I need to stay here for some time :lol:

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 4793
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: Draft planning thread

Post by tokenBG1009 » 03 May 2019, 05:45

Magik84 wrote:
02 May 2019, 14:55
UrbanExplorer wrote:
02 May 2019, 14:25
What’s a reverse draft? Never heard of that. :D

I would also love to see a Brotherhood of S.H.I.E.L.D. Draft, with scientists, inventors, ... from the human history.

Was there an Alpha Flight Draft already?
Reverse draft where you kill off characters, Gibbering said was basing it off old Betrayal games that were on forum.

I don't think there's been an Alpha Flight one yet.

I didn't know Jazz had decided to leave forum, I was just working with what people said in this thread.
I'm reminded of the old +/- games we'd play that lasted forever.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
EphemeristX
Posts: 4550
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 16:50
Contact:

Re: Draft planning thread

Post by EphemeristX » 03 May 2019, 06:46

Seeing the other game grind to a halt, I propose we all just go ahead and agree that if your turn comes and you don't make a choice within the pre-described amount of time (three days? -- I'd honestly propose two), the next person can just go without asking the mod? And if you come back later to find you've been skipped, just jump in as soon as you're ready to make your pick. Those kinds of waits really kill any momentum the game has.

This is, of course, not my game, so I'm not trying to push any rules on anybody. But after playing a number of these guys, that seems to be the biggest issue they all have.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 4793
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: Draft planning thread

Post by tokenBG1009 » 03 May 2019, 09:38

EphemeristX wrote:
03 May 2019, 06:46
Seeing the other game grind to a halt, I propose we all just go ahead and agree that if your turn comes and you don't make a choice within the pre-described amount of time (three days? -- I'd honestly propose two), the next person can just go without asking the mod? And if you come back later to find you've been skipped, just jump in as soon as you're ready to make your pick. Those kinds of waits really kill any momentum the game has.

This is, of course, not my game, so I'm not trying to push any rules on anybody. But after playing a number of these guys, that seems to be the biggest issue they all have.
Most always went with the 2-day thing. It just never became necessary to this extent.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
RingOtaku
Posts: 1444
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 17:12
Location: The Library Of Stories Never Written

Re: Draft planning thread

Post by RingOtaku » 03 May 2019, 14:48

Yeah I think a two-day grace period is a good idea. I should probably incorporate that.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Post Reply