Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Non Mutant Spy in the X-Men

Level 10: In this section, people will argue about all x-related topics, such as certain character ages, continuity or the nature of the Phoenix. Newbies beware!
fyrefyst

Non Mutant Spy in the X-Men

Post by fyrefyst » 11 Feb 2019, 20:36

I don't usually post in this forum, but the spy that was brought up in the Hunt for Wolverine has had me thinking. I have a pretty good guess of who it is and was wondering if other fans here have there own guess and reason why. Also is it safe to post who I believe it is and why on the this board or do I need to use spoiler tags before I say who I think it is?

Jazzkantine

Re: Non Mutant Spy in the X-Men

Post by Jazzkantine » 11 Feb 2019, 20:46

I asked this myself yesterday, now with most of them being either dead or transported to Pleasantville.

You better use spoiler tags here. Just in case. There is a spoiler button in the editor.
Uncanny X-Force: Mimic, Omega, Timeslip, Siphon, Red Lotus, Grid, Frenzy, Savitar - (Shaara), Graymalkin, Nil

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Feb 2019, 21:29

Jazzkantine wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 20:46
I asked this myself yesterday, now with most of them being either dead or transported to Pleasantville.

You better use spoiler tags here. Just in case. There is a spoiler button in the editor.

Or AWOL (alot more awol than dead if you think about it)
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

fyrefyst

Post by fyrefyst » 11 Feb 2019, 21:47

Thanks Jazz. I can call you Jazz right? Well my guess is
Spoiler: show
Maggot
. I've got a lot of reasons why I think it may be this person.
First off it has never been shown how he is alive. He was shown to have died in Weapon X series where he gave away one of his slugs. That said same slug was last seen in Sinister's lab. Maggot was then shown as one of the dead during Necrosha confirming that he was actually killed off. When he was an X-Man he was quite and kept to himself mostly so is not close to really of the team and would be to keep it hidden that he isn't the real Maggot. Since has shown back up in all but one of his appearances he has been detected with only one slug. This would be the one that Sinister had. By having the slug no one would question him on if he was a mutant because it would still act the same and give him a great cover. Also in the Hunt for Wolverine, Iron Man found out about the traitor while going through Sinister's files. And Sinister was the last one to have his slug.
Well does anyone else have any other ideas for find mine to be provably wrong?

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 11 Feb 2019, 21:51

Huh.

That actually... kinda makes sense.
Nobody knows he's dead since everyone else at Neverland either died or managed to escape. A fake Maggott could have easily said he escaped like Cecelia Reyes did.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

fyrefyst

Post by fyrefyst » 11 Feb 2019, 21:54

Yeah I was thinking that also I just forgot to write in my reasoning.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 11 Feb 2019, 21:56

Hm... I don't have a better guess yet, but wouldn't a spy be required to be live at the mansion or be a member of a team, to actually gather info on them ?

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 11 Feb 2019, 21:59

fyrefyst wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 21:47
Thanks Jazz. I can call you Jazz right?
Of course. Jazzkantine is the name of a german Jazz/Funk band.

Didn’t Stark say the spy is a non-mutant?
Uncanny X-Force: Mimic, Omega, Timeslip, Siphon, Red Lotus, Grid, Frenzy, Savitar - (Shaara), Graymalkin, Nil

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 11 Feb 2019, 22:06

Yes, he did. Appparently a non-mutant is pretending to be a mutant and somehow associated with the X-Men.

fyrefyst

Post by fyrefyst » 11 Feb 2019, 22:35

Yeah I was thinking it wasn't the true character but someone else posing as them.

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 12 Mar 2019, 09:09

I think it won't be
Maggot
because he is to insignificant to make a 'intruder' story interesting.

It probably will be one of the big 'A' list characters or someone posing as him of her in the end.

My bet
Kitty herself, because she isn't herself for a long time and ditched Colossus because he came to close to act like a real intruder. How it all happened? In the time between her leaving the GotG and coming back to earth to become leader of the X-men she was replaced by someone else.
"There are some things you're better off not knowing. Believe me. You keep this up and soon...bang bang...you'll cry Havok!."