Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Draft planning thread

Level 10: In this section, people will argue about all x-related topics, such as certain character ages, continuity or the nature of the Phoenix. Newbies beware!
das_boot

Re: Draft planning thread

Post by das_boot » 05 Oct 2018, 23:53

That’s what I was thinking. We have so many (now) iconic and fan favourite characters from both stables who weren’t part of the initial Amalgam, that it just seems silly to not do this
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 06 Oct 2018, 00:01

das_boot wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 23:53
That’s what I was thinking. We have so many (now) iconic and fan favourite characters from both stables who weren’t part of the initial Amalgam, that it just seems silly to not do this
I'd love this, especially since I'd get to play in this one. :)
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 08 Oct 2018, 19:33

Anna Raven wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 00:01
das_boot wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 23:53
I'd love this, especially since I'd get to play in this one. :)
Part of the plan. It’s only fair :)
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

bamf

Post by bamf » 11 Oct 2018, 12:58

All in for an Amalgam draft.
MFL: Captain America, Iron Man, Storm, Daredevil, Nightcrawler, Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Iron Fist

X-Editorial: Angel, Sunspot, Monet, Karma, Colossus, Lila Cheney, Aurora, Captain Marvel, Magma, Box, Triage, Hindsight, Sydren

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Oct 2018, 14:51

I’d like to run a version of the X-Editors draft but for thegreater Avengers “area”. Would anyone be interested?
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 11 Oct 2018, 15:14

In for an Avengers A-Editorial draft.

Don't know enough about DC to commit to an Amalgam draft. Can you list me in as a tentative for that one.
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

bamf

Post by bamf » 11 Oct 2018, 17:31

Also in for the Avengers Editorial draft.
MFL: Captain America, Iron Man, Storm, Daredevil, Nightcrawler, Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Iron Fist

X-Editorial: Angel, Sunspot, Monet, Karma, Colossus, Lila Cheney, Aurora, Captain Marvel, Magma, Box, Triage, Hindsight, Sydren

Cable

Post by Cable » 11 Oct 2018, 18:34

Blackcyclops wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 14:51
I’d like to run a version of the X-Editors draft but for thegreater Avengers “area”. Would anyone be interested?
I've thought about it and was not sure if it was doable. There are distinct X-Men teams (like X-Force is an investigative team, X-Force is a more violent/aggressive team, etc) but honestly the casts of all of them are totally interchangeable. Their shared status as mutants and allies makes almost any combination make sense. I don't know if it works in the greater MU. Sure you got your Avengers, Champions, Defenders--books that can be anything. But what about something like Asgardians of the Galaxy or Uncanny Inhumans? Very limited possibilities. But then again you might not think off the top of your head there are 50 different team X-titles and yet I found there were (well Hellions and X-Corps are two I made up; they are real teams but have never been real titles). I never tried to make a list for the greater MU. It might be possible.

If you do it I would love to participate.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 11 Oct 2018, 18:43

Avengers
Mighty Avengers
New Avengers
Dark Avengers
Uncanny Avengers
Avengers Initiative
Young Avengers
West Coast Avengers
A-Force
Great Lakes Avengers
Solo Avengers

Think all of the above have / had their own books and that's hardly a deep dive
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Oct 2018, 19:09

And I have some added restrictions/caveats to keep people on their toes...all I’ll say is “it’s all connected”.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

ev82

Post by ev82 » 12 Oct 2018, 01:09

Spectral Knight wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 18:43
Avengers
Mighty Avengers
New Avengers
Dark Avengers
Uncanny Avengers
Avengers Initiative
Young Avengers
West Coast Avengers
A-Force
Great Lakes Avengers
Solo Avengers

Think all of the above have / had their own books and that's hardly a deep dive
Theres also Secret Avengers, All New Avengers, Avengers Undercover, Avengers Arena and Avengers AI
X-Men Editorial Draft
X-Men: Magik|Cannonball|Psylocke|Thunderbird II|Gentile|Petra
All New X-Factor: Havok|Frenzy|Forge|Sunfire|Bloodstorm(Mutant X)|Wild Child|Cipher

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 13 Oct 2018, 19:59

Force Works, Avengers Academy, A-Next, Avengers Assemble, Occupy Avengers, U.S. Avengers, Avengers World, Avengers Unplugged, United they Stand, and the Ultimates, according to Wikipedia. You could even toss in groups like Defenders, Thunderbolts, and Champions.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"