Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Collecting X-men pré Morrison

Level 10: In this section, people will argue about all x-related topics, such as certain character ages, continuity or the nature of the Phoenix. Newbies beware!
Flapflop

Collecting X-men pré Morrison

Post by Flapflop » 20 Apr 2018, 14:34

Found this interesting page http://notahoaxnotadream.blogspot.nl/p/ ... chart.html

After 2018 almost everything pré Morrison will be collected in TP or HC

PS

Got almost everything on these lists btw 8-) (and also the Morrison Omnibus and all HC/TP after that on, at least for all issues of Uncanny and X-men Vol. 2)
"You're always sorry, Charles, and there's always a speech. And nobody cares."

WorldWideWade

Re: Collecting X-men pré Morrison

Post by WorldWideWade » 20 Apr 2018, 18:10

This is cool. I read all of the Claremont stuff from the Essential phonebook trades but once I hit the 90s, I bought a lot of the trades on this list with the single issues filling in gaps. I'm curious to see if the Epic collections delve into the 90s as the most recent X-men Epic stopped at the same place the Essentials did (Uncanny #280 and X-men V2 #3). I guess the titles become to interconnected and it was easier to to the trades they listed on this website but I hope they still get the Epic Collection treatment somehow.
Current Pull List:
Extermination, Astonishing X-men, X-men Red, Iceman, Multiple Man, Mr & Mrs X, Runaways, West Coast Avengers, Champions, Ms Marvel, Amazing Spider-man, Dr Strange, Moon Knight, Fantastic Four, Marvel 2-in-1, Mister Miracle

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 20 Apr 2018, 19:41

I think they first focus on giving all Essential content the Epic treatment before considering going beyond

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 20 Apr 2018, 19:53

Yeah I get that, but all of the other long running books look like the Epics run up to Onslaught so it seems weird to end X-men at a much earlier point.

Given the inter connectivity of Uncanny and X-men Vol2 I wonder if they will keep them as one Epic series. Also I wonder how the Epics will handle the cross-overs that involve all of the books like X-Cutioners song. Will there be separate volumes of X-men, X-force and X-Factor that have a majority of the same content when they get to that point or will they do one X-Cutioner's song Epic collection that acts for all series involved?
Current Pull List:
Extermination, Astonishing X-men, X-men Red, Iceman, Multiple Man, Mr & Mrs X, Runaways, West Coast Avengers, Champions, Ms Marvel, Amazing Spider-man, Dr Strange, Moon Knight, Fantastic Four, Marvel 2-in-1, Mister Miracle

Flapflop

Post by Flapflop » 23 Apr 2018, 12:32

For Muir Island Saga/Mutant Genesis they did one Epic with Uncanny and X-factor issues in one volume, so i think they wil make the later Crossovers one Epic with all issues involved.