Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Cut Diamond: Who's The Real Emma Frost

Level 10: In this section, people will argue about all x-related topics, such as certain character ages, continuity or the nature of the Phoenix. Newbies beware!
InsipidLust

Cut Diamond: Who's The Real Emma Frost

Post by InsipidLust » 06 Feb 2018, 19:37

While I've had my doubts about Emma's uneven characterization over the years, this author makes some solid points that I can appreciate. I think he's giving the writers maybe a little too much credit here (I think many of them are leaning more on the woman driven crazy by love trope more than they are leaning on a more nuanced take on Emma which the character always requires to be well done imo), but it's still pretty interesting:

https://comicsverse.com/cut-diamond-real-emma-frost/
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

Magik84

Re: Cut Diamond: Who's The Real Emma Frost

Post by Magik84 » 10 Feb 2018, 17:36

It's a bit like a no-prize, fans can make sense of any random characterization! I'd be happy to take this explanation of Emma.
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl