Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Wytches

In this section you can share your thoughts about the released issues of any other comics from Batman to Hellboy
AntiBody

Wytches

Post by AntiBody » 04 Feb 2015, 14:42

Anybody reading this? Any good? Any spoiler-free/ish descriptions of the plot? I'm intrigued, but would rather hear from someone from this board and not some sterile description on Wikipedia.
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

grief

Re: Wytches

Post by grief » 04 Feb 2015, 19:52

The book is really hard to describe, as there isn't a lot of rules to it yet, but I'll do what I can.

The book follows a family of three - daughter Sailor, dad is a writer, and mom is a nurse. Something happened in their old town for which Sailor blames herself and so they moved, hoping a fresh town would give everyone another chance at life. Things get weird the more you learn about Sailor's past and the incident as the wytches get more involved in not-just-her life. Dad, for example, was just attacked by this bat-sh@ crazy woman who hit him with paralysis dust, stuck a needle into her breast and then stuck it into his stomach - and now words are appearing on his abdomen. What any of that means, I have no idea, but it's creepy as HELL.

The art from Jock is a bit of a mess, with lots of colors splatters as things get stranger. I'm not really a fan of his stuff, but it fits the tone of the book perfectly.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

AntiBody

Re: Wytches

Post by AntiBody » 04 Feb 2015, 21:18

Ah interesting. I keep seeing press for this book and my curiosity is piqued. I may check it out, or may wait for a tpb or collection. Thanks grief!
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors