Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Pax Romana

In this section you can share your thoughts about the released issues of any other comics from Batman to Hellboy
AntiBody

Pax Romana

Post by AntiBody » 05 Nov 2014, 03:44

Read this today and liked it a lot. Very heavy at first, almost to much so, but once you get in the groove it moved just fine (thankful I read it all in one day too).

Anyone read this? I'd love to hear thoughts. I thought the concept was amazing: time traveling back and bringing tech with you to influence history to your benefit. So cool.
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

EvilMonkeyPope

Re: Pax Romana

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 05 Nov 2014, 03:54

I read the first few issues of it but missed the ending. (I'm not sure if the final issue came out as a single or was only available in trade.) I liked the concept but the execution was too dense. There would be pages with huge text blocks without engaging pictures. It would've been a better novel than a comic book.

AntiBody

Re: Pax Romana

Post by AntiBody » 05 Nov 2014, 11:49

Lol yeah, I usually read comics during my lunch break at work, so when I saw that the issues for this averaged about 20 pages each, I was like, "Oh I can do this in an hour, no probz."

NOPE lol.

Great read though. Maybe I've just really gotten used to Hickman's style, but I didn't mind the weight of it all. But you have a point that it would make a great novel too.
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors