Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

East of West

In this section you can share your thoughts about the released issues of any other comics from Batman to Hellboy
Anna Raven

East of West

Post by Anna Raven » 12 Oct 2014, 02:16

I grabbed the first trade a few months ago and then put it aside. Then last week I finally read it and then subsequently I've blown through it, went and got the second and am now working on the third TPB.

I figured with all the Hickman fans around here, there would be a thread on it already. It's just as awesome as his Avengers work. It's got really awesome characters as well and some very cool art.

The last time I was this excited about a non-Marvel comic was about 7-8 years ago when I discovered Planetary. Do yourself a favor if you are a fan of Hickman and read it.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue|Magneto|Mystique|Sabretooth|Madelyn Prior|Lady Deathstrike|Blink

tokenBG1009

Re: East of West

Post by tokenBG1009 » 12 Oct 2014, 04:09

I love me some East of West. I used to be a monthly reader but I've moved to trades and think it was for the best in the end. At some point I'm going to need to sit down and read through the entire story to catch up though.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 12 Oct 2014, 04:26

Great! I'm really glad someone else reads it. I'm partial to Bel Solomon, being from Texas myself, as well as the Ranger he sends after Chevyeho. The Endless Nation also seems pretty badass, and The Kingdom as well. I kind of get a Wakanda vs. Atlantis feel from those two.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue|Magneto|Mystique|Sabretooth|Madelyn Prior|Lady Deathstrike|Blink

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 12 Oct 2014, 04:56

The Kingdom and The Endless Nations are my two favorites of all the countries.
A League of Their Own!

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 14 Oct 2014, 23:46

I've been wanting to check this out for a while - glad to see others are into it! How would you guys rate this on a scale of 1 to 10?
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 15 Oct 2014, 03:22

Easily a 9. I always leave room for improvement. :)

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 15 Oct 2014, 03:25

I'd probably give it an 8.5. Since it's really my 2nd Hickman book I keep forgetting he writes it instead of Remender because I have the same problem with it I had with Uncanny Avengers. For whatever reason I COMPLETELY forget what happens going from one issue to the next. It's pretty much why I haven't picked it up in a couple months. Save a little bit since Comixology will drop the price after a few months.

When I do read it I'm completely blown away though. Each issue feels like a 10, but the series as a whole loses me at times.
A League of Their Own!

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 15 Oct 2014, 15:08

I'm pretty glad I've been reading it as graphic novels up to this point, for exactly that reason, token.

Stoopkid812

Post by Stoopkid812 » 03 Nov 2014, 11:07

Didnt like it at first but now i LOVE IT.
And his avengers series along with everything he has ever done is great.
Cant wait for its return!
Balloons an asshole!!

Cyke

Post by Cyke » 01 Dec 2014, 01:56

Thanks to an Image Comics sale on Comixology, I just finished reading Vol. 1 and I'm rather impressed. Hickman's characterizations are very strong and the art is rather good. As with Saga, I'd rather read this series in trade though, there's such much to take in, I may forget what happens in between the monthlies.
Verda Gildr- 'Become Worthy'