Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Avengers #33

In this section you can share your thoughts about the released issues of any other Marvel title.
Blackcyclops

Avengers #33

Post by Blackcyclops » 27 May 2020, 11:52

THATS HOW YOU BRING COMICS BACK!

Talk about an explosive return...and I really liked the art too. Damn, now I’m mad I had to wait this long to get to this story.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Sequoia

Re: Avengers #33

Post by Sequoia » 28 May 2020, 00:07

I do absolutely not like this Avengers run. Everything repeats basically.

End of the world/ Universe destroying level threats
Ally vs. ally discussion which ends up in a fight and one being defeated or half-dead
Supernatural/demonic/magic themed

So, Iron Fist and Moon Knight never met in person but they know everything about the other one.

No one from the Avengers cared for Moon Knight all these years but all of a sudden he is their next greatest enemy.

A lot of fights in this Avengers run are like „shoot first, ask later“.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 28 May 2020, 01:02

Sequoia wrote:
28 May 2020, 00:07

Ally vs. ally discussion which ends up in a fight and one being defeated or half-dead

So, Iron Fist and Moon Knight never met in person but they know everything about the other one.

No one from the Avengers cared for Moon Knight all these years but all of a sudden he is their next greatest enemy.

I’d beg to differ. Aaron’s run has fron the beginning had a magic/cosmic theme (everything in this issue points back to the very beginning with the ancient Avengers). I mean you wouldn’t call out a GotG book for having cosmic themes right? And each plot has been building into the other, not to mention EVERY comic has a threat of some type, with big team books having threats worthy of the team...Perhaps it’s not everyone’s cup of tea though...

And in case you were interested, they have cared about MK over the years, I could point out some issues but instead check out his Spotlight on this very site to see more.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 28 May 2020, 01:17

Sequoia wrote:
28 May 2020, 00:07

Wow. That will cost you.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 28 May 2020, 01:56

I was worried you stopped posting Aeon...

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 28 May 2020, 02:42

Meeehhh.. it was a pretty close decision. But I have to learn to tame my ardent lust. Wait, cheerfully temperament I meant.

P-90

Post by P-90 » 28 May 2020, 16:55

I've not read the issue yet but I have read some comments regarding it and despite being a huge fan of Moon Knight much of what happens just sounds ridiculous, also I'm pretty sure Iron Fist and MK have met before.

The comments I've read make it seem like Moon Knight pretty easily defeats Iron Fist, Doctor Strange and Thor (Uru is moon rock?) but somehow not Black Panther? who not only keeps his dignity but then makes MK look foolish? That can't be correct can it? is that what happened?
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 28 May 2020, 17:04

P-90 wrote:
28 May 2020, 16:55
I've not read the issue yet but I have read some comments regarding it and despite being a huge fan of Moon Knight much of what happens just sounds ridiculous, also I'm pretty sure Iron Fist and MK have met before.

The comments I've read make it seem like Moon Knight pretty easily defeats Iron Fist, Doctor Strange and Thor (Uru is moon rock?) but somehow not Black Panther? who not only keeps his dignity but then makes MK look foolish? That can't be correct can it? is that what happened?

Don’t worry, he doesn’t lose to the Black guy and beat up all the white guys...it’s not a POC fight lol jk

He defeats Iron Fist in combat and drains his iron fist with his ankh, drains Dr. Strange’s magic (he keeps him busy while commanding an army of mummies and has magicians on his side), and because Uru is primordial rock (ie moon rock) he commands it to keep Thor away and then smashes Thor between like 5 moons pining him down (technically he never actually fights Thor, just uses Mjolnir and some moons).

When he faces BP (prior to fighting Thor), he is ready to battle all of Wakanda because he thinks he can steal BP’s power with his ankhs but BP reveals his power is in his actual blood and he would have to drain it dry. And MK isn’t a villain, so he presumably leaves, we don’t see them fight but Mk is never shown defeated or anything. After besting Thor, he informs Khonshu that “the Panther cannot be broken” among other things he can’t find (the Phoenix Force and the Starbrand)
So no he and BP don’t fight (at least on panel and given his next appearance it appears they never fight) and no he doesn’t “lose” to him at least not in the traditional sense of a fight. I guess he’s defeated on a mental level lol...

P-90

Post by P-90 » 28 May 2020, 17:32

Blackcyclops wrote:
28 May 2020, 17:04
P-90 wrote:
28 May 2020, 16:55

Don’t worry, he doesn’t lose to the Black guy and beat up all the white guys...it’s not a POC fight lol jk

He defeats Iron Fist in combat and drains his iron fist with his ankh, drains Dr. Strange’s magic (he keeps him busy while commanding an army of mummies and has magicians on his side), and because Uru is primordial rock (ie moon rock) he commands it to keep Thor away and then smashes Thor between like 5 moons pining him down (technically he never actually fights Thor, just uses Mjolnir and some moons).

When he faces BP (prior to fighting Thor), he is ready to battle all of Wakanda because he thinks he can steal BP’s power with his ankhs but BP reveals his power is in his actual blood and he would have to drain it dry. And MK isn’t a villain, so he presumably leaves, we don’t see them fight but Mk is never shown defeated or anything. After besting Thor, he informs Khonshu that “the Panther cannot be broken” among other things he can’t find (the Phoenix Force and the Starbrand)
So no he and BP don’t fight (at least on panel and given his next appearance it appears they never fight) and no he doesn’t “lose” to him at least not in the traditional sense of a fight. I guess he’s defeated on a mental level lol...
I don't know, it still all stinks of PIS to me (for example, I wouldn't normally bet on Marc defeating Danny in straightforward combat), granted I've yet to read the issue so it may make more sense when I do, I doubt it will but I'll give it a chance.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'