Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Punisher #15

In this section you can share your thoughts about the released issues of any other Marvel title.
Cable

Punisher #15

Post by Cable » 06 Sep 2019, 15:58

Punisher and his Amazing Friends

Full Spoilers:
Spoiler: show
Zemo's soldiers are ready to take on Punisher, but begin to fall back to Fisk Tower when they spot Ghost Rider coming down the street. Meanwhile at the tower, Moonstone is accusing Zemo of being a coward for not being out there right now. Zemo says to let the cannon fodder do their jobs first, but Fisk himself comes in and demands they take action and keep their identities secret. Out in the streets, Moon Knight, Night Thrasher, Black Widow, and Rachel Cole-Alves are all also doing their part to help Castle wipe out the Hydra army. Zemo rallies his men and rides in on an army tank. Frank's allies begin to fall back but Castle just stands his ground and full battle is engaged between them and the Thunderbolts. Fixer tries to have a showdown with Castle and gets murdered immediately. Frank then takes on Zemo himself in hand-to-hand combat. Jigsaw tries to help but this actually angers Zemo who wants to kill Castle himself. He is going to deliver the killing blow but Cole-Alves comes in guns blazing; fortunately for Zemo that Radioactive Man is there to stop the bullets. Night Thrasher then socks Zemo in the mouth and the villain is increasingly angry about all the distractions. He and Ghost kidnap Rachel in a truck and he tells Frank that he must come face him alone.
I don't know who else has been reading Rosenberg's Punisher, but I have not been too impressed by it (though this volume is better than his previous one where Frank was War Machine). But this issue in particular is pretty cool because we get a team battle between Frank's team (who are unnamed, though I would call them Marvel Knights as they are kind of in that spirit) and Zemo's newest Thunderbolts. That's Punisher, Black Widow, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Night Thrasher, and Sargent Cole-Alves vs Zemo, Fixer, Ghost, Jigsaw, Moonstone, and Radioactive Man. It gives Kudranski the chance to draw some great fight scenes including a pretty rad big splash page. There is also a decent amount of humor involved as well as the action and overall this is one of the better issues. I actually would have liked to see more of these two groups showdown but next issue we are back to Punisher vs Zemo one-on-one, and hopefully now Frank can finish this once and for all.

I doubt there is any subtext meant, but interesting to see Zemo's incompetent men all wearing a bunch of UN uniforms...
Last edited by Cable on 04 Oct 2019, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
Best X-Comic last week: Absolute Carnage vs Deadpool #3
Best non X-Comic last week: Absolute Carnage #4

grief

Re: Punisher #15

Post by grief » 06 Sep 2019, 19:00

When I heard about all of the guest stars teaming up to fight the newest iteration of the Thunderbolts, I got super pumped. The Marvel Knights, you call them Cable, are a great group with an interesting blend of powers and personalities and I'd love to see more of them - but not here. They're barely used, they feel as tacked onto the plot as Frank must think they are, and their fight against the Bolts was unimpressive. Why would Fixer care about going up against the Punisher? He's never been a Tough Guy before, Fixer's a scheming schemer, he'd have a trap or a new weapon to use on someone like Frank. And Moonstone being downed by Moon Knight or Night Thrasher? C'mon man. I'll probably finish the arc and then duck out as quickly as I hopped in.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

Cable

Re: Punisher #15

Post by Cable » 06 Sep 2019, 21:44

Yeah as I said I would definitely have liked to see more of the respective teams. Ghost Rider had that amusing introduction on page 1 and then oddly never appears again unless you can spot him in the background. The issue focuses on Punisher and Rachel, which makes sense as that is what this book is, but it is a bummer with the big team-up that could be here.

Fixer was clearly used solely for comic relief. Maybe they thought there were no dedicated Fixer fans to care, but you have proved them wrong lol

Moon Knight can totally beat Moonstone though imo
Best X-Comic last week: Absolute Carnage vs Deadpool #3
Best non X-Comic last week: Absolute Carnage #4