Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Infinity Wars #4

In this section you can share your thoughts about the released issues of any other Marvel title.
Blackcyclops

Infinity Wars #4

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Oct 2018, 10:04

Give it up for Emma fricking Frost everybody!!!!
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

InsipidLust

Re: Infinity Wars #4

Post by InsipidLust » 10 Oct 2018, 15:08

This artist renders one of my favorite Emmas, and today was a good day for her as far as character showings are concerned.

Not going to get into spoilers, but beyond being a muted epic, I'm kind of enjoying that this book isn't afraid to lean on comedy and absurdity.
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 12 Oct 2018, 03:05

So just something else to think about: when looking for a psychic, I love that Loki goes for former Cabal-bestie Emma and not Jean lol...

So if Emma represents mind and should be great with the power stone, Kang represents time and should be great with the the reality stone, Ant-man reps space and should be great with the time stone, Hulk represents power and should be great with the space stone...does Ms.Marvel represent Soul or reality? And conversely does Adam warlock represent soul or reality?

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Cable

Post by Cable » 12 Oct 2018, 23:14

I keep trying but I just cannot get into this story. I just think it's too loopy. I find myself hurrying through it when I read it. The Warped aspect isn't even really taken advantage of as none of the characters here are explored at all. I guess that is what the tie-ins are for but I am skipping them.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 12 Oct 2018, 23:19

The loopy-factor is why I love this...

I love Loki as sorta-kinda the protagonist...

I love ghost Thanos...

Even though he was short-lived, I liked the Emma/Logan fusion and then I love the way Emma was written (really that whole lineup had some great lines).

I love that wolverine is basically brushed aside and instead the story focuses on Emma...

And I do just love how the story is kind of a dark comedy.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 13 Oct 2018, 06:54

Cable wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 23:14
I keep trying but I just cannot get into this story. I just think it's too loopy. I find myself hurrying through it when I read it. The Warped aspect isn't even really taken advantage of as none of the characters here are explored at all. I guess that is what the tie-ins are for but I am skipping them.
It's just that we make much better Warps. ;)
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Fenix

Post by Fenix » 16 Oct 2018, 13:25

It makes sense for Loki to search for Emma instead of Jean, both because they already know each other and they were (mostly) in good terms and also because Jean is too idealistic and that makes her less pragmatic while Emma lives for the motto: The end justifies the means, very fitting for Loki.

Im enjoying it even if I dont really think we needed this whole crossover/event and its lacking some epicness Annihilation or the original Infinity Gauntlet had.