Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Marvel Two-In-One #8

In this section you can share your thoughts about the released issues of any other Marvel title.
Cable

Marvel Two-In-One #8

Post by Cable » 27 Jul 2018, 14:03

The Fantastic Four, except there are only two of them, and they aren't fantastic.

Full Spoilers:
Spoiler: show
Johnny Storm is listening to a radio report of how the Spider's men are closing in on those who murdered Dr. Strange a few weeks ago, when suddenly he burns himself on the stove. We then see a construction site where Ben Grimm works but under the name "Dan" and he looks very human. He drives to a diner where he flirts with Margot the waitress. Outside is Johnny who is going by the name "Jimmy" and likewise has been depowered the past two months, now having several burns on his hands as he gets used to fearing fire again. He tells Ben to ask out Margot now that he has his handsome appearance but Ben refuses. Against the wishes of Ben, Johnny then goes to bother Amadeus Cho. Cho is secretly helping them by sending out a distress signal that will contact any Fantastic Four power signature in the multiverse. Johnny gets angry that this has turned up no results. Ben tells him to take a walk and cool off and then when alone tells Cho to target the Avengers of their reality. Later that night Cho calls and Johnny answers: Cho says he can change the signal to try to target their Avengers but they risk reaching a radically different version of the team in another world. Johnny confronts Ben about this and asks if the rest of the Fantastic Four are dead. Ben finally begins to confess and Johnny throws him through the door and begins punching his face in. Ben will not fight back and says he deserves it. They then notice the stove was on and has ignited the house. Johnny rushes into the flames and Ben goes in after him and carries him out; Johnny is clutching the only picture of the Fantastic Four he has left. Ben apologizes and says he thought this mission was the only way to get Storm out of his depression. Johnny says now he has to grieve again and they are going to die here...In the morning Margot is opening the diner when she is confronted by a version of the Fantastic Four led by the Mad Thinker!
Damn this was so good. Heart-wrenching but good. I wish the Fantastic Four wouldn't come back just so this title could continue. I don't know how Johnny and Ben are going to get out of this, especially with the villains showing up. Hopefully Doom makes it back somehow to help them (something I didn't think I would ever say...)
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Anna Raven

Re: Marvel Two-In-One #8

Post by Anna Raven » 27 Jul 2018, 16:21

Yeh this was a real tear-jerker of an issue.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Wings

Post by Wings » 27 Jul 2018, 16:42

I'm glad Two-In-One is continuing once the FF come back because otherwise I would be mad Zdarsky didn't get to keep writing these characters.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 27 Jul 2018, 16:57

This issue was emotional for alot of reasons but I have no idea who the people at the end were lol
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 27 Jul 2018, 22:31

I think (mostly just based on the tagline at the bottom) the leader is a version of Mad Thinker, but I'm guessing the others may be all new characters.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian