Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Venom #4

In this section you can share your thoughts about the released issues of any other Marvel title.
Blackcyclops

Venom #4

Post by Blackcyclops » 26 Jul 2018, 18:19

Dang thats a nice bit of retconning and continuity with Thor...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

RingOtaku

Re: Venom #4

Post by RingOtaku » 26 Jul 2018, 18:44

We have different views of "nice". I like the Thor nod but ultimately I found the "Symbiotes are actually good aligned and sometimes their hosts are the jackholes" to be a good retcon and it didn't need this Dark God backstory. It played into the idea that Flash could be a hero without lobotomizing the creature and makes the point that it really is Eddie and his perception of things that makes Venom out of control so it should be Eddie's spiritual journey if he wants to be a hero. Plus the heat it puts on Kassidy, Cletus is the problem not the Carnage Symbiote. Played into how Shriek from the Life Foundation Five went murderous on the others, because Donna was the disturbed one not the alien goo monster.

This guy is monstrous and evil but "Klyntar means Cage" was grating. We just got the name and are teaching people like Peter Parker to use it and accept that he can't blindly blame the alien half for Venom's crimes. Don't ruin the name already Parker already made Symbiote a dirty term, all symbolic prejudice. "Those Symbiotes will turn them crazy. The Symbiotes are driving the host insane". I love Petey but he's so quick to hate on our Goo Buddies. This better end with the Symbiote Species rebelling against this Dark God putz and telling him off. "We choose to be good, we are no slaves to any other being's will."
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 28 Jul 2018, 05:05

Yeah, I really don't see the point in retconning something that was just retconned. If it ends the way RingO mentions I'd be alright with it. I'm not even sure WHY this needs to be tied back to Thor.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 28 Jul 2018, 07:08

Because it was an old-fashioned dangler prolly...back in the day that happened alot lol
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 28 Jul 2018, 14:37

I actually thought the Thor nod was the best part as it did remind me of those random cross-over notes. You'd read something in X-Men and see Spider-Man thwip by "To go see where Spidey is heading in a hurry pick up ASM 174"
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com