Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Immortal Hulk #2

In this section you can share your thoughts about the released issues of any other Marvel title.
Blackcyclops

Immortal Hulk #2

Post by Blackcyclops » 04 Jul 2018, 13:24

This should be the next Marvel tv series...damn this is good
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

grief

Re: Immortal Hulk #2

Post by grief » 13 Jul 2018, 12:10

This is so good. I was expecting to enjoy this, as I've enjoyed everything else that Al Ewing has written, but I'm LOVING this. The basic premise is a nice nod to the idea of "Banner on the run/road, followed everywhere by the Hulk", but SUPER well executed. I'm sad that the super-intelligent Banner of Pak's run is no longer a thing, but that's okay for now, because it really does leave Bruce at the mercy of the Hulk. Joe Bennet's artwork is great as well. Rather than pulling out to show the size and scope of the Hulk, all the panels are close in, tight, as if the size and threat of the Hulk cannot be properly visualized. He is TOO BIG to be seen at once. When Dr. Frye's kid started bleeding green, I was legit freaked out. AND, on the plus side, we've got a perfect ending for "you can bring this villain back later on", which I find is really hard to execute without making it seem contrived.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

Blackcyclops

Re: Immortal Hulk #2

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Jul 2018, 12:45

I think it’s fitting that essentially this Hulk is smarter while Banner is not...it’s such a weird and twisted symbosis of their relationship which is different but the Hulk is always different. So it fits...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger