Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Captain Marvel # 30

In this section you can share your thoughts about the released issues of any other Marvel title.
Northstar404

Captain Marvel # 30

Post by Northstar404 » 22 Jul 2021, 01:43

Here we are, Captain Marvel # 30, really liked the issue main story concluding this arc, if I had one complaint it would that the backup story was Meh.

Anyway spoilers
Spoiler: show
We pick up Carol angrily returning to the Enchantress home, she confronts Amora about abandoning her at the bottom of the Ocean. Carol thinks to herself that if she didn’t need the enchantress she would punt her into the sun. They talk for a bit Amora explains that the orb can make Carol immune to magic but it must be ingested. She also tells Carol that change will be permanent. Carol, however, says that she wasn’t looking for a permeant change, the enchantress reasons by saying that was Captain Marvel's mistake since magic isn’t something you dabble in. Later, Amora is preparing the potion, she also uses magic to read Carol’s mind and learns that Ove is her son. Enraged by the deception she knocks Carol out with a spell, uses magic to find her son. Ove soon arrives and they have brief chat before Captain Marvel wakes up and blasts the Enchantress sending her flying out of the house. Angered by this Ove attack, he and Carol fight, during the fight Ove loses sight of Carol give her a chance to recover. War Machine finds Captain Marvel and they talk Rhodey calls her out on the things she has been doing lately. Ove finds them and Carol engages him again, she finds the potion on the ground and tries to get but Ove uses a spell to freeze her place. He mocks her for trying to change the future and then takes the potion arrogantly assuming it’s her secret weapon he drinks it, though Amora tries to stop him it's too late Ove has been cut off from using magic. Amora calls Carol a faithless harpy and promise to make her pay maybe not today but soon. Carol talks with Rhodey again it's clear they're going to get back together. The Story ends with Carol visits Doctor Strange who tells her that he glad she’s and Rhodey made up, he also says that by depowering Ove she has committed a sin against the magical community, as he closes the door in her face he reminds her that Wanda warned her that this path was clouded in darkness.

ultimatekey

Re: Captain Marvel # 30

Post by ultimatekey » 22 Jul 2021, 12:48

Spoiler: show
So Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel just had a one night stand. Captain Marvel is now back with War Machine. Didn;t expect that. I wanted Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel to be a full-fledged couple.

tokenBG1009

Re: Captain Marvel # 30

Post by tokenBG1009 » 22 Jul 2021, 23:01

I don't know why I'm so tickled by Anime Protagonist Carol in this frame. I saw it and it made me stop reading.
animeprotagcarol.PNG
animeprotagcarol.PNG (262.09 KiB) Viewed 120 times
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya