Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Captain Marvel # 26

In this section you can share your thoughts about the released issues of any other Marvel title.
Northstar404

Captain Marvel # 26

Post by Northstar404 » 24 Feb 2021, 18:02

The New world arch comes to a close.

Some Spoilers
Spoiler: show
Picking up from the last issue Carol who is in her Binary form fights Ove who seems to be able to hold his own against her. Meanwhile, Brigid and Sora try to rescue Magik but are having trouble getting through the Enchantress barrier.. Sora is briefly captured by Ove and brought into the barrier Amora with the aid of a spell she uses Sora to read Magik's mind. Turns out Illyana lied about them needing Carol in an attempt to slow down Ove's plans, then finally breakthrough and rescues Sora. Amora sacrifices herself that Ove Can go back into the past.. Carol and Old Lady Jess talk about what happen and Luke is reunited with Danni. Later Carol goes to meet with Magik and is upset when she finds Jessica's dead body laying on the ground. Illyana apologized, and tell her that using someone’s life force is the only way the spell will work. Gerry tells Captain Marvel that Jessica willingly gave up her life so Carol could go back. Just before sending her back, Illyana reminds, Carol, that because he went back first Ove has a head start, she also says that Magic has a price. When Carol gets back the present she hugs Spider-Woman who doesn't understand why Carol so glowy and emotional, the comic ends with Carol and Rhodey breaking up
It shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone when I say that I liked this issue, it seems Ove is likely going to pop up again, it good to have another addition to Carol’s rogue's gallery.

das_boot

Re: Captain Marvel # 26

Post by das_boot » 24 Feb 2021, 19:27

Yeah, I enjoyed this, as much as I HATED the personal life ending to this arc, I really enjoyed this issue and this arc
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!

ultimatekey

Post by ultimatekey » 24 Feb 2021, 21:13

Look at what Bendis started...........writers after him keep forgetting that Magik is supposed to be completely immune to telepathy.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 24 Feb 2021, 21:46

ultimatekey wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 21:13
Look at what Bendis started...........writers after him keep forgetting that Magik is supposed to be completely immune to telepathy.

Is that true since her resurrection?
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 25 Feb 2021, 09:22

Unsure enchantress has magical powers and is asgardian so she could overpower Magik possibly...

I still don't understand why Carol dumped War-Machine surely she would want to change the past to prevent that universe ever occurring?

Does anyone else feel this is by far one of my favorite new comic series? really do like it the story is good and the art is often good or not to bad when compared to other titles. Previously never really liked Captain Marvel and felt she didn't deserve the praise she gets.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 25 Feb 2021, 12:56

You mean do we feel its one of our favorite books?
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 26 Feb 2021, 06:39

Well never really used to like her and disliked Civil war 2 then read this and found it was actually really really good. It's really weird never really paid much attention to her before and wondered why she got so much attention.

It certainly is one of the better ones think.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 26 Feb 2021, 12:14

Thats cool and all, I was just asking to verify your question.

Cable

Post by Cable » 27 Feb 2021, 20:08

I am not a fan of Ove coming back. This story was fun to see the future characters, but now with him outside that setting I don't find him interesting (seeing him say Imperius Hex! was awesome though lol). But I did love the ending of the comic. It is often interesting to delve into the complex drama that relates to time travel. Is Carol right or wrong to do what she did? You can make a compelling case for both sides.
norwichchris wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 09:22

Does anyone else feel this is by far one of my favorite new comic series? really do like it the story is good and the art is often good or not to bad when compared to other titles. Previously never really liked Captain Marvel and felt she didn't deserve the praise she gets.
It is personally on the bottom half of my pull list. This run is better than Stohl's but nowhere near the heights the character was at back when DeConnick was writing it imo.
Best Comics of Week 15

X-titles: Wolverine #11 by Benjamin Percy (4) and Scot Eaton (1)
Non-X titles: Darkhawk Heart of the Hawk by Danny Fingeroth (1), Dan Abnett (1), Kyle Higgins (1) and Mike Manley (1), Andrea Di Vito (1), Juanan Ramirez (1)

ultimatekey

Post by ultimatekey » 28 Feb 2021, 21:10

Blackcyclops wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 21:46
ultimatekey wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 21:13

Is that true since her resurrection?
So ever since Illyana escaped Limbo, Charles Xavier tried to read her mind to know what really happened to her but he discovered that she had mental barriers around her mind. So ever since her origin story, its been established that she is completely immune to telepathy.

There has been inconsistencies such as Karma using her powers on her to erase her memory in the story New Mutants: Truth or Death.

However, in All New X-Men, when the Future Brotherhood of Evil Mutants attached, Xavier Jr. used Irma "Mindee" to telepathically torture everyone, including Magik.

However, Magik is supposed to be completely immune to telepathy.

At first, I expected Magik to trick Xavier Jr. and reveal that she is immune to telepathy, thus surprising him and striking him.

I did not expect X-23 to sneak up behind him and attack him, even though it was kind of expected.

If OG Charles Xavier cannot read her mind, then nobody should not be able to!

I know in X-Men: Legacy, Legion used one of his personalities to hypnotize her and throw her in a state of confusion. Depending on your perspective, that may not be considered a "telepathic" attack.

Also, in that same issue, Illyana clearly stated that telepathy and telepathic attacks will not work on her and Legion should not even attempt to try so on her.

So ever since that issue in All New X-Men written by Brian Michael Bendis, writers after him completely ignore that Magik is supposed to be completely immune to telepathy and forms of telepathy.