Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Miles Morales Spider-Man #12

In this section you can share your thoughts about the released issues of any other Marvel title.
Cable

Miles Morales Spider-Man #12

Post by Cable » 07 Nov 2019, 16:18

It's time for Family Feud!
Spoiler: show
Just as Prowler is about to assassinate Don Cardelino he is confronted by Spider-Man. Uncle Aaron says he needed the Prowler suit to save Miles and this is the debt he owes. Miles says his mother is about to give birth and Aaron should come with him right now. Prowler will not do so and they engage in a scuffle. This attracts the attention of the Don's men below and he sends Man-Mountain Marko to stop them. Marko is putting a beating on them, with Miles unfortunately running out of webs, until Prowler finally boots the villain off the rooftop and sends him crashing down a few stories to the street. Aaron calls Ceres to report he failed the mission. She says there is already a large bounty out on him. She does show mercy though and says if he turns himself into her then she may be able to negotiate a settlement with Ultimatum. However he has to get across town to her and everyone will be gunning for him along the way!
This is a fun set-up issue, exemplified by the last page that looks like something out of a video game. Miles and Aaron have a quest to go on and will have to battle numerous foes to reach their goal! I like writers that take old-school villains that others might treat like fodder and make them formidable foes. Ahmed does that hear with Man-Mountain Marko who shrugs off Spidey's venom strike and rips through his webs easily. I hope we get other lesser known villains in the gauntlet to come next issue, though the preview just shows the same ol' Rhino we've seen too many times before. Still it has the potential to be a lot of fun to see this race across town, especially with Miles having no more webs!

Garron's art continues to really grow on me. Even just something as small as Prowler's cape here is drawn really interestingly. Looking at his style, I would actually love to see Garron do Spider-Man 2099. He has a very modern look to everything.
Best X-Comic last week: X-Force #1
Best non X-Comic last week: Miles Morales Spider-Man #12