Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Absolute Carnage #1

In this section you can share your thoughts about the released issues of any other Marvel title.
Post Reply
User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 19444
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Absolute Carnage #1

Post by Blackcyclops » 07 Aug 2019, 12:43

Great great start...wayyyyy to better to those Poison’s events lol
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

User avatar
Crutey Anth
Posts: 439
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 16:33

Re: Absolute Carnage #1

Post by Crutey Anth » 07 Aug 2019, 16:08

How many characters have worn symbiotes now?

You can also ignore my post in the HoX thread...turns out you can turn up in multiple places

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 19444
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Absolute Carnage #1

Post by Blackcyclops » 07 Aug 2019, 16:14

Crutey Anth wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 16:08
How many characters have worn symbiotes now?

You can also ignore my post in the HoX thread...turns out you can turn up in multiple places
This story though at least points to that the Maker has multiple plans at work.

How many? ALOT!

Hawkeye
Thing
Wolvie
Silver Surfer
Spidey
Miles
Osborn
Scorpion
Mania
Scorn (RIP)
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

User avatar
summerset
Posts: 67
Joined: 20 Mar 2008, 14:51

Re: Absolute Carnage #1

Post by summerset » 07 Aug 2019, 18:16

The art is beautiful!

Never really followed Venon. Have lots of questions.
1. Does Eddie knows that Peter Parker is Spider-man?
2. And does Normie knows? They talked about how he is Peter's godson just in front of him?
3. Who is Annie? I gather that she is the mother of Eddie's son but how did she got the symbiose?
4. How does Eddie knows the Maker? Wasn't he dead?
5. Who is the Maker working for?

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 19444
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Absolute Carnage #1

Post by Blackcyclops » 07 Aug 2019, 19:02

1. Yes
2. That I dont know...just assume he didn’t hear
3. She was Venom’s wife. The Venom symbiote bonded to her back in his lethal protector days
4. The Maker captured Venom after his battle with Grendel. He held the remains of the Grendel before they were stolen by the Cult of Knull. And the Maker body that died in Ultimates wasn’t his original. Remember he kind of exists throughout the multiverse as 1 mind.
5. We don’t know...as they alluded to in this book, it’s a mystery
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

User avatar
Wings
Posts: 1397
Joined: 12 Sep 2013, 14:42

Re: Absolute Carnage #1

Post by Wings » 08 Aug 2019, 08:23

Can I say how much I enjoyed Peter and Eddie's dynamic here? They'll never be best friends, but they know and understand each other better than most and I'm glad that came through here. I thought Stegman's expressions for Spidey were a tad confusing when Eddie was breaking down about Anne (It looked like he was annoyed over Eddie being upset about his wife's corpse being defiled by Carnage) but other than that I liked how much he played with Peter's expressions through the mask and him leaning into McFarlanesque aesthetics with both Spidey and Venom.

Also that page of Peter after Randy calls him to the door, very sexy of Stegman, reminded me of the opening pages by Coipel in Spider-Verse :lol:
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

User avatar
summerset
Posts: 67
Joined: 20 Mar 2008, 14:51

Re: Absolute Carnage #1

Post by summerset » 08 Aug 2019, 14:39

Thanks @Blackcyclops!

User avatar
Cable
Posts: 4222
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 18:31
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolute Carnage #1

Post by Cable » 10 Aug 2019, 22:43

The art is what is totally making this awesome for me. The Knull stuff is big and epic but for the most part this first issue storywise is pretty standard symbiote fare (not that it isn't well-written standard symbiote fare, because it is). Carnage is the best symbiote and seeing him back as top badass again is great. You can just feel a sense of menace that the character radiates like few others.

But Stegman just gets better and better. So many nice touches in both his lines and his layouts. If I took the time I think I could literally mention some real nice detail on every single page.
Best X-comic last week: X-Men #3
Best non-X comic last week: Annihilation Scourge Fantastic Four

User avatar
Gibbering Fool
Posts: 3800
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 03:10

Re: Absolute Carnage #1

Post by Gibbering Fool » 11 Aug 2019, 03:33

Blackcyclops wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 16:14
Crutey Anth wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 16:08
How many characters have worn symbiotes now?

You can also ignore my post in the HoX thread...turns out you can turn up in multiple places
This story though at least points to that the Maker has multiple plans at work.

How many? ALOT!

Hawkeye
Thing
Wolvie
Silver Surfer
Spidey
Miles
Osborn
Scorpion
Mania
Scorn (RIP)
Didn't large portion of Manhattan and most of the Mighty Avengers receive symbiotes back in the Post Civil War, Pre-Secret Invasion day? Doom set off a symbiotes bomb I think.

User avatar
Wings
Posts: 1397
Joined: 12 Sep 2013, 14:42

Re: Absolute Carnage #1

Post by Wings » 11 Aug 2019, 10:07

Gibbering Fool wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 03:33
Blackcyclops wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 16:14
Crutey Anth wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 16:08
How many characters have worn symbiotes now?

You can also ignore my post in the HoX thread...turns out you can turn up in multiple places
This story though at least points to that the Maker has multiple plans at work.

How many? ALOT!

Hawkeye
Thing
Wolvie
Silver Surfer
Spidey
Miles
Osborn
Scorpion
Mania
Scorn (RIP)
Didn't large portion of Manhattan and most of the Mighty Avengers receive symbiotes back in the Post Civil War, Pre-Secret Invasion day? Doom set off a symbiotes bomb I think.
As far as I remember the bomb was activated by mistake but yeah. The New Avengers team and a portion of the Mighty Avengers team were infected along with most of Manhattan
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

User avatar
UrbanExplorer
Posts: 633
Joined: 07 Mar 2019, 23:06

Re: Absolute Carnage #1

Post by UrbanExplorer » 11 Aug 2019, 10:13

Those were just, let’s say Symbiote drones. They didn’t have any individuality.

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 19444
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Absolute Carnage #1

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Aug 2019, 10:23

See I thought they were artificial symbiotes so they don’t have any codex in their dna.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

User avatar
Gibbering Fool
Posts: 3800
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 03:10

Re: Absolute Carnage #1

Post by Gibbering Fool » 12 Aug 2019, 07:23

Yeah that makes sense, especially if Doom made them.

Post Reply