Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

The Avengers #2

In this section you can share your thoughts about the released issues of any other Marvel title.
Blackcyclops

The Avengers #2

Post by Blackcyclops » 16 May 2018, 14:01

A slower issue, as far as moving the story along, but I enjoyed the narration by Loki, the insight into Robbie Reyes (not really familiar with him), and the visuals...this was a very pretty comic. Overall, i look forward to next issue where the story is supposed to move much further along.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Cable

Re: The Avengers #2

Post by Cable » 17 May 2018, 01:09

I don't like when Avengers is just the "main" characters, who can already be seen in their own titles, so I am glad we are getting plenty of scenes with She-Hulk and Ghost Rider. Loki being the mastermind behind things is obviously a nice throwback to the original assembling of the team, though his villain-or-not schtick in recent years gives me whiplash.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 17 May 2018, 02:27

Cable wrote:
17 May 2018, 01:09
I don't like when Avengers is just the "main" characters, who can already be seen in their own titles, so I am glad we are getting plenty of scenes with She-Hulk and Ghost Rider. Loki being the mastermind behind things is obviously a nice throwback to the original assembling of the team, though his villain-or-not schtick in recent years gives me whiplash.
Funny because at the moment only Cap really has a title and he’a not even in the current story...Thor was basically a gueat in Mighty Thor and Tony only recently got out a coma in his lol..

You say “villain or not” but that’s odd to me because I’ve yet to really confirm that he’a really a villain yet. Since Secret wars ended (really since he’a aged up) Loki has done alot of stuff but alot of the “bad” stuff could easily be interpreted as goos because of the outcomes. Like right now, until we know his end game this could all be some grand plan for the betterment of everybody. I actually really enjoy Loki as this ambiguous force that you really can’t put your finger on. It makes him interesting...much more than he was prior to JMS resurrecting him.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Cable

Post by Cable » 17 May 2018, 14:10

Blackcyclops wrote:
17 May 2018, 02:27
Cable wrote:
17 May 2018, 01:09
Funny because at the moment only Cap really has a title and he’a not even in the current story...Thor was basically a gueat in Mighty Thor and Tony only recently got out a coma in his lol..

You say “villain or not” but that’s odd to me because I’ve yet to really confirm that he’a really a villain yet. Since Secret wars ended (really since he’a aged up) Loki has done alot of stuff but alot of the “bad” stuff could easily be interpreted as goos because of the outcomes. Like right now, until we know his end game this could all be some grand plan for the betterment of everybody. I actually really enjoy Loki as this ambiguous force that you really can’t put your finger on. It makes him interesting...much more than he was prior to JMS resurrecting him.
You would have a point if it was last year when Odinson and Stark were not starring in Thor and Iron Man, but both titles are being returned to them this year while they will still appear in this book as well.

And yeah generally Loki does evil things and then it turns out he has an ulterior motive of good, but this one is going to be a hard one to spin lol. I wonder if it ties in at all to his recent interest in the Infinity Stones.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 17 May 2018, 14:16

I did say “at this moment”...Odinson’s book hasn’t started yet and Stark is back again in his book but it’s still starring two other folks...but I mean *shrug*

I think it all ties back: him in the War of Realms, this and Infinity Stones...but I could no way say what it all means lol

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Wings

Post by Wings » 17 May 2018, 15:14

I'm confused, wasn't Jen in recovery from her Savage 'Hulk' phase at the end of her latest solo? Any explanation for her regression here?
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 17 May 2018, 15:24

Last I remembered she was working on it but didnt have it cured and something about the Celestial did something to her too it looked like...

So either it’s 1)something happened off panel between that book and this one (Hulk’s are known to change alot lol) or 2) the Celestial is doing something to her as well (or Loki?)
Last edited by Blackcyclops on 17 May 2018, 19:43, edited 2 times in total.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

MrFOOM

Post by MrFOOM » 17 May 2018, 18:53

Wings wrote:
17 May 2018, 15:14
I'm confused, wasn't Jen in recovery from her Savage 'Hulk' phase at the end of her latest solo? Any explanation for her regression here?
It's a bit confusing. It's sort of pretending like the latter part of Tamaki's Hulk run doesn't exist. Jen got cured and went back to her regular old self in the final issue. But here she's still huge and savage. And not grey. I guess it's just a nobodywillnotice retcon from Marvel? If they were gonna keep her savage they should've stuck with the grey design, I personally like that design but I guess they wanted to keep it iconic?

Honestly I'm not digging Jen so far in this book. Didn't dig this issue either.
Fantasy Draft: Doctor Strange, Hulk, Namor, Venom, Mr. Immortal (off), Professor X, Old Man Logan, Honey Badger, Mary Jane Watson, Thanos, Cosmic Ghost Rider (on).

Cyke

Post by Cyke » 26 May 2018, 17:15

I thought this was a good issue, especially the scenes with Jen and Robbie (who is slowly growing on me as Ghost Rider).

The dialogue between the Big Three was a tad cheesy though, it's almost like Aaron is trying to channel Downey Jr into his Iron Man while Steve's claims of his victories over impossible odds sounds like hyperbole that he wouldn't create necessarily (although I wouldn't be surprised if he did sink a battleship with just a shield but still).

McGuiness' art continues to rock, loving it.
Verda Gildr- 'Become Worthy'