Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Avengers: No Surrender Part 14

In this section you can share your thoughts about the released issues of any other Marvel title.
Blackcyclops

Avengers: No Surrender Part 14

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Apr 2018, 10:33

I loved every page...this was the most Avenger-y way this story could have gone. It reminds me of the Avengers of the 70s and 80s...the sacrifice, the teamwork, and the rise of heroes. I wish the art was better because this was prolly the penultimate issue here...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

MrFOOM

Re: Avengers: No Surrender Part 14

Post by MrFOOM » 11 Apr 2018, 17:00

Still 2 more issues to go.

But yeah this issue was great. And the Challenger's power...wow. Looks like one hell of a showdown coming up.
Fantasy Draft: Doctor Strange, Hulk, Namor, Venom, Mr. Immortal (off), Professor X, Old Man Logan, Honey Badger, Mary Jane Watson, Thanos, Cosmic Ghost Rider (on).

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Apr 2018, 17:56

A final and a coda

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Cable

Post by Cable » 11 Apr 2018, 23:02

Agree this was all around just a great issue, except that Squirrel Girl is out of stasis. It was good while it lasted.

What did you not like about the art?
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Apr 2018, 23:19

I just got so attached to Paco Medina lol...This just felt so epic, it deserved an epic artist. It wasn’t bad art though...not by a long shot

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 11 Apr 2018, 23:58

Blackcyclops wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 10:33
I loved every page...this was the most Avenger-y way this story could have gone. It reminds me of the Avengers of the 70s and 80s...the sacrifice, the teamwork, and the rise of heroes. I wish the art was better because this was prolly the penultimate issue here...
Art was better? I... I don't know how to even respond to that sentence...
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 12 Apr 2018, 02:16

We got positive focus on one of my all-time favorites in Quicksilver. Looks like he pulled a Barry Allen though with his upcoming mini I am not mourning yet. Loved Hulk going after Challenger and how maniacal the villain is. I kinda want this as a TPB so I can pass it around to people easily.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 12 Apr 2018, 02:42

I want thia TPB too...it’ll be a biggie lol

I think this is really a story for Avengers fans, like Avengers Forever. There’s some slow parts but it really gives love to lesser spotlighted Avengers. This could have easily been the movie team but instead we got Sunspot doing the most Claremont’s Roberto thing he’s done since like 98 lol

My X-Men Draft Picks:

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 12 Apr 2018, 09:01

Blackcyclops wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 02:42
I want thia TPB too...it’ll be a biggie lol

I think this is really a story for Avengers fans, like Avengers Forever. There’s some slow parts but it really gives love to lesser spotlighted Avengers. This could have easily been the movie team but instead we got Sunspot doing the most Claremont’s Roberto thing he’s done since like 98 lol
Yes, exactly. Avengers Forever is one of my favourite ever stories because of that, and this will be up there too...

I am not quite sure how to phrase this... Back during Avengers Forever, the Avengers were still a RELATIVELY obscure part of the Marvel universe. Not CRAZY obscure but still outshone by Spider-Man and the X-Men...

As much as I dislike Bendis's storytelling under him the Avengers DID become the center of the Marvel universe. But it was by no means classic Avengers action for Avengers fans. We did get that in the movies around that time btw, but not in the comics.

It's just... by now we have reached a point where the Avengers can be classic AND taking center stage in comics, I like that.

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 15 Apr 2018, 04:08

I don' t like the Avengers or most of their characters, so this story has been hit or miss for me, but this issue was great. I quite frankly despise Wanda and Pietro as two of the most selfish, overwrought and overly-beloved Marvel characters, but this issue was fun to read for their sakes. I wish they'd both die so everyone could stop being so sanctimonious about them, but this issue did point out why at least Pietro is a hero deep down, even if he is a jerkoff. And YAY Roberto! He looked sexy this ish, and was killing it. I wish they'd give Thor and Herc more to do than talk weird, but I liked the splitting up of the team for a real purpose and that last page was epic.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 15 Apr 2018, 09:49

I think Thor hasn’t been given alot to do because she is a big name. But they kept her unfrozen cause she’s just a great visual character to have around.

My X-Men Draft Picks: