Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

Runaways #2

In this section you can share your thoughts about the released issues of any other Marvel title.
Blackcyclops

Runaways #2

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Oct 2017, 11:20

Each issue just makes me tingle!
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

grief

Re: Runaways #2

Post by grief » 12 Oct 2017, 17:04

This was a seriously good read. Kris Anka's ability to use facial expressions is on full display here and I love it. I'm also glad that I just happened to finish reading King's Vision book otherwise this issue would've had me heartbroken.

When WAS the last time we saw Karolina and Xavin? I honestly can't recall.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 12 Oct 2017, 18:55

Xavin went home to the Majesdane and Skrull worlds in volume 3 #6. Karolina cameoed in the finale of Nico and Chase's adventures from Avengers Undercover #10.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

grief

Post by grief » 13 Oct 2017, 03:19

I didn't get volume 3, so that explains why I didn't know about Xavin.

Gert's reaction did make it feel really weird how split everyone got, despite how natural it's felt over the years.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

ultimatekey

Post by ultimatekey » 13 Oct 2017, 15:05

Wasn't it implied that Xavin died at the end of the Runaways?

I hope they do not retcon that part of the story, saying that he/she somehow survived all of that.

I have nothing against Xavin. He/she was an amazing character and very boundary-pushing.

But honestly I like Julie Powers and Karolina Dean more as a couple.

I hope they are still together in this series.

Crawler

Post by Crawler » 16 Oct 2017, 15:01

This was fun. Do you think we're going to get Victor as just a floating talking head? C'mon, Chase. Work some magic.